Digital management of rotary labelling machines
The DCPM solution for plates and labelling dispensers management of a rotary labelling machine, designed for Industry 4.0 and the smart factory, is composed of a IMP controller, AC synchronous servo-motors with 50 polar torques and integrated electronics of SM4A/SM5A series with SW5A4085 drivers for the labelling dispensers management.
IMP controller can operate as isolated stand-alone unit or can interface itself with machine’s PLC through the following bus:
- Ethernet Modbus TCP/IP
- Profinet I/O
The whole system can be configurated in a fast and simple way thanks to specific configuration software for Windows operation systems (DCPM Configurator) supplied by Ever Elettronica and integrated in IDE T.R.I.P.O.S. G.W.
The “DCPM Configurator”, beside allowing a simple and fast configuration of the system, provides the possibility of a remote support via Web.
Labelling dispensers features
- Number of controllable labelling dispensers: possibility to create and control systems from 1 up to 5 labelling dispensers
- Motor type for dispenser movement: stepper motor with high number of poles or BLAC motor
- Labelling Max speed: according to the type of motors and drives can be reached up to 150 mt./min.
- Label eject error: less than 1mm.
- Carousel synchronization: perfect synchronism between product speed and label eject speed, also during fast oscillations of the carousel speed
- Advanced features: single or multilabel ejection, missing label recovery, product length detection, programmable filters for start/stop signals.
- Number of controllable plates: can be created and controlled systems from 1 to 30 plates.
- Type of motor for plate’s movement: servo-motor with high number of poles and integrated electronics
- Plate’s motor max speed: each plate can reach a 1500 rpm speed
- Cam profile of the plate: very easy calibration: the angular position of the plate has to be settled for every carousel grade. The controller will automatically execute the interpolation between points
- Homing function of the plate: it can be activated at a specific angle of the caruosel. As homing signal can be used the signal of zero integrated in SM4A/SM5A drive or an external sensor that detects the plate’s position. A different offset can be set for each plate
- Centering function: it can be activated at a specific angle of the caruosel and there are two modalities:
a) nick research on the product
b) label research on the product and positioning to the center of the label
- Orientation function: it can be activated at a specific angle of the programmable carousel. It is possible to program up to 3 orientations managed by as many input connected to IMP controller
- Product presence function: it can be activated at a specific angle of the programmable carousel.
If the product hasn’t been detected (IMP input), the plate stops until the following carousel orientation
- Absolute Encoder Option: an absolute encoder with CANopen interface can be used to detect the position of the carousel during the starting.
Reaching the point, the DCPM solution for plates and labelling dispensers management of a rotary labelling machine is composed of:
- Motion controller
Controller with complete pre-installed software Digital Carousel Plate Management.
The controller manages up to 30 plates (H version) or up to 10 plates (L version).
- Integrated drive
Servo-motor and drive integrated in only one device for the movement of each plate. The system can be built in direct drive or with a return pulley with relation 1:2 or 1:3.
- Drive with HE High Efficiency stepper motor
Drive and high efficiency stepper motor (or brushless AC motor) for the labelling dispensers management. The system can be mounted in direct drive or with a pulley ratio 1:2-1:3.
- IDE Software for Windows PC
USB key with Tripos environment license + DCPM extension to be bought just one time.
The USB key allows the client to use the configuration environment DCPM , the IDE e3PLC programming environment and to benefit of Web remote support.
- HMI Touch Screen
HMI touch screen with complete preinstalled software for the configuration and supervision of the application, both in italian and english languages.
- Incremental encoder
Incremental encoder 1000 lpt to be built on the carousel.
- Absolute encoder (optional)
Absolute encoder with CANbus fieldbus interface to be built on the carousel. CANopen protocol DS 406 v3.1
Contact us for more information about our solutions for rotary labelling machines!