What is e3PLC?
E3PLC represents the latest evolution of our development environment for PC and our firmware for programmable drives for stepper motors and brushless motors.
Our drives integrate a real PLC able to manage inputs and outputs in real-time and, at the same time, to control the movement of the motor.
The PLC integrated into our drives is programmed through the E3PLC development environment without the need of any particular programming language.
Despite the simplicity of fully graphical and guided programming, it is possible to create complex automations by reducing wiring and installation times by having a single device for logic and motor control.
E3PLC is the optimal solution both for automatic machines with few axes and for more complex machines in which it is possible to allocate part of the machine intelligence locally, relieving the main PLC and giving partial or total control of the operating cycle to our programmable drives.
With e3PLC the graphics and functions have been improved compared to the previous version (EEPLC), and in particular the debug and multitasking management has been enhanced with the integration of a real digital oscilloscope for the calibration and diagnostics of the drives from the PC.
e3PLC consists of a program to be installed on the PC and a firmware installed in the drive, both for stepper motors and brushless motors (BLDC, BLAC). Through the e3PLC environment, on the PC, it is possible to define simple sequences of commands to be executed when an event occurs or real multitasking programs.
e3PLC is the best way to exploit the full potential of the drive as it allows access to its all internal resources and to the process modules:
- Electronic CAM
What are the e3PLC improvements over eePLC?
The E3PLC, our latest evolution of our PC development environment and our firmware for programmable drives for stepper motors and brushless motors, has several improvements compared to the previous eePLC Studio IDE:
- More space for the user application (~ 5 times greater)
- Faster execution speed >> eePLC SlimLine: ~ 100µs per instruction
e3PLC Titanium: ~ 10µs per instruction
- Improved Label Management
- Entry guided by JUMP, TEST and CAL instructions
- Move Label function
- Possibility to define the labels while editing the instructions
- Watch window position selectable (bottom or right)
- Ability to hide the Watch Window (more space for editing the program)
- User Constants:
- Move function
- Rename function
- Duplicate check
- Possibility to select Editor view mode
- Detailed (as in eePLC versione)
- Simple (more concise, suitable for task support)
- User Variables:
- Control function
- Deletion of unused variables
- Report in graphic format
- Possibility to export in PDF, RTF, CSV, etc. formats
- Application clipboard:
- View in a separate window (always visible when editing the program)
- Possibility to enter the I/O description
- Improved Debugging:
- Tab dedicated to Debugging
- Scope Monitor: Graphic display of motion parameters
Find out more about our programmable stepper motor drives with e3PLC programming environment